2013 EASTER RETREAT WITH SOGYAL RINPOCHE
N.B. - This retreat is open only to existing Rigpa Sangha
Saturday 6th – Sunday 14th April
We are delighted that Sogyal Rinpoche will be joining us again for our annual retreat at
Haileybury School in Hertfordshire.
Quick links for information below on the Haileybury 2013 Retreat:
You can register & pay for the 2013 Easter Retreat online now.
Or download a form to fill in here
If you need a form sent in the post, you can call the office on 020 7700 0185
About the Haileybury Retreat 2013
The retreat is residential, with a programme of teachings from Rinpoche,
presentations by Rinpoche’s senior students, as well as study, practice and periods of
silence. This is a rare opportunity to receive teachings, integrate, and stabilise them
in the environment of a closed retreat.
With his remarkable gift for presenting the heart essence, spirit and flavour of
Tibetan Buddhism in a way that is both authentic and profoundly relevant to the
modern mind, Sogyal Rinpoche is one of the renowned teachers of our time.
The atmosphere that Rinpoche creates is of incredible warmth, love, and penetrating
insight, as if he were speaking directly to the heart of each and every person present.
He is widely considered to be an exceptional communicator. People around the
world have remarked on the power of his teachings to reveal glimpses of the
innermost nature of mind, leading to lasting transformation, and inspiring confidence
in facing the challenges of daily life.
Haileybury School, just 20 miles north of London, is set in a tranquil and spacious
natural environment, with a variety of on-site accommodation including private and
twin rooms, and dormitories. Good quality meals with choices suiting most diets are
served in the school’s dining hall.
Address & Maps
- Address for Haileybury School:
Tel: 01922 706200
- Address for Rigpa London
330 Caledonian Road
London N1 1BB
Tel: 0207 700 0185
- By air: London Heathrow (75 minutes by car/taxi), London Stansted (40 minutes) and Luton Airport (45 minutes) are within easy reach of Haileybury. London Gatwick Airport (85 minutes) is slightly further away. All airports are served by rail links to central London. Full details of train times from London and Luton to the Haileybury area will be available in your confirmation letter or you can go to www.nationalrail.co.uk to check train services.
- By road: Haileybury is situated between Hertford and Hoddesdon, about 20 miles north of central London and is conveniently located close to the A10 Cambridge Road and easily accessible via the M25, A1, M11 and A414. Haileybury’s postcode (for Sat Nav) is: SG13 7NU. Car Parking There is plentiful designated car parking in the school grounds.
- Coach service: From Rigpa London to Haileybury, Saturday 6th April at 10.30am. The size of the coach will depend on how many people book seats, so please indicate on the booking form if you would like to reserve a seat on this service. Seats cost £11 one-way. A return coach will leave at the end of the retreat, at 4.30pm. The nearest underground station to Rigpa is King’s Cross. Buses - numbers 17, 91 and 259 – leave from York Way and stop at the Storey Street bus stop. Alternatively, Rigpa is a short taxi ride from Kings Cross. If you did not book a seat on the coach with your retreat registration, please call 00 44 (0)207 700 0185 by Friday 30th March.
- By rail: London (Moorgate, Kings Cross or Finsbury Park) to Hertford North takes 45 mins. London. Liverpool Street to Broxbourne takes 30 mins. Hertford North and Broxbourne stations are 10 mins away by taxi, costing about £9.50.
- Local Taxi Information: Broxbourne: Broxbourne Station Cars: 01992 464007 (24 hour phone line and kiosk outside station). The fare is approximately £9.00 from Broxbourne to Haileybury during the daytime. Hertford North: Lovegroves Taxis: 01992 500100 (phone answered between 6am and 2am). Fare approximately £9.00 from Hertford North to Haileybury during the daytime.